Monday, February 1, 2010

Home Decor

I've been reading the Make it and Love it Blog and I'm OBSESSED with it. I got an itch to make our house look more like a home, so here's what I did! I started with pillows for my couches. There was nothing there before, and now, I LOVE these pillows! I went to Joann's while they were having 50% off of their upholstery/home decor fabric, so I Totally scored there! And I already had some decorative plain pillows, that I just made slip covers for. Most of the pillows are completely made though.




Then I had some leftover fabric so I started to make some slipcovers for my barstools. Okay, so I didn't have as much fabric as I thought I did, so I had to get some more, but still, it was a good deal!
Here's the barstool before:

And here's the after:



Then I really did have enough fabric leftover from the stools that I was able to decorate my curtains. Before they were just plain solid colored curtains from Ikea.(boring, right?) I was inspired and feeling like I could do this, so I had the image in my head, then I came up with this:

I also made a grocery bag holder, which the directions are on Make it and Love it, and the slipcovers for the pillows are on there too. I did all of this in a few days... It was the week before I had my ultra sound for the baby and I was super anxious. So I had to keep myself busy. But I think it was definitely worth it. I LOVE it all! It's so nice to be able to make things that you actually like! Especially when you can SAVE sooooo much money!

7 comments:

Heather said...

Well look at you bein' all crafty!

(that sounds like I'm surprised or something!)

not surprised at all! You're amazingly talented!

My fav is the curtains!

Shannon said...

i love the bar stools! so cute!

Heidi @ Honeybear Lane said...

I love that site also, I follow like a million craft blogs, that I started my own, in conjunction with my etsy shop. You need to visit it because it's brand new and it makes me sad when I don't have any comments. :(

honeybearlane.blogspot.com

P.S. All the stuff you made looks awesome and I especially love the bar stools!

Brea said...

OH MY GOSH they all look AMAZING! I especially love your curtains! everything turned out so good... don't stop! keep it up!!!

Emily said...

... and it looks even better in person! I love it all, I think it turned out so cute. Great job!

Chelsey Howard said...

SO SO SO CUTE!!! I am in love with it!! Especially the barstool covers!! Well, actually I really love it ALL!! You are so crafty, I am inpressed everytime you do something new.

Jeff and Chelsi Pulley Family said...

Good job Trisha! I especially love the stools. Did you guys move to a new appartment? It looks like you did. I guess you'd have to with the little princess on the way. How far along are you now? Call me sometime if you want to talk. Miss ya!