Okay, so I have been horrible about blogging lately! It seems like this summer has been so busy, and going by so fast! A few weeks ago Grandma and Grandpa Davis got swim lessons for Logan! He started of a little weary in the water....okay, he full on screamed the first 3 days and was mad at me the whole time. I would tell him we were going swimming that day and he started crying and flopping on the floor because he didn't want to go! But then on the 3 day I switched with another mom (she took Logan and I took her kid) and he did a lot better with her. We switched again the next day too, and since then, Logan just started improving drastically every day! It was awesome! Now he can almost find his way to the wall of the pool and pull himself out! And now he LOVES to go swimming! He also mastered his backfloat all by himself! I am so glad that we did the swim lessons! Thanks so much Grandma and Grandpa Davis!!!!
Okay, so on thursday we went to San Diego for the weekend! We left early in the morning, only to take about 8 long hours to get there!!!! We had a few bumps on the way.....the first one: we got to Gila Bend and the car starts making this horrible flapping/clicking noise. So we stop and look at what's going on. We don't find anything and get back on the road. Then the sound gets worse! We stop again and Brian pulls out this giant rubber thing that's supposed to be there, and thinks that should solve the problem. We get back on the road again, and the sound yet again, gets worse! Then we stop again, but this time as Brian steps out of the car to see what's going on, his foot sinks in the dirt and he sees that his tires are completely burried in the dirt up to the rims! Oh yes, and did I mention that it's about 110 degrees outside??? And we're in the middle of no where!!! Needless to say, I'm getting a little nervous and even more nervous when Brian gets back in the car, and tries to drive out and we get even more stuck! Then Brian tells me to get in the car and steer while he pushes! Okay, I was pretty much silently freaking out at this point! Worst case scenario is going through my head, and I'm thinking we're all going to die from heat exhaustion by the time we get rescued! So Brian starts to push, and nothing happens. Then he has this brilliant idea to put some towels under the front tires. Then he pushed again, I floored it, and we thankfully got unstuck... in a matter of only maybe 15 or 20 minutes. Oh and in the meantime of being stuck in the dirt, Brian figured out what was making the noise on the car! It was the flap under the front tire. It was ripped a little bit and so it was flapping against the tire. Luckily, nothing that can't be fixed with duct tape! So we got back on the road, and I'm telling Brian how smart he is for thinking to use the towels and how impressed I was that he got us out! Then he tells me he's been stuck a few times...... of course!!! :) Anyway, with another stop at Walmart for Duct tape, a stop for lunch and 3 border partol checkpoint stops, we finally arrived in San Diego at 3 in the afternoon!
(I wrote this post a week ago and my computer froze in the middle of it, so I'm just posting this like it is, the draft that was automatically saved, and I'll pick up where it left off another day...but in the meantime,here you go!)
1 comment:
Dont' you just love road trips like that! At least Logan was good while all that was going on:) That would totally suck to be stuck in the middle of nowhere, and yeah it really doesn't help when its like 110 degrees outside!
Post a Comment