Tuesday, September 9, 2008

I'm so thankful for my testimony!

This last week has made me so thankful for my testimony and has humbled me in so many ways. Brian just lost his job on Friday very unexpectedly, and I am just so thankful to know that even though it sucks right now, we will pull through this difficult time and be better and stronger when we're through this trial. I don't understand why we get some trials in life, but I truly know that if it weren't for my faith and knowledge of the gospel this trial would be so much harder to face and deal with. I am not sharing this with all of you to be worried or feel sorry for us, but to know that someone else is going through a difficult time too, and it's just so important that we rely on our testimonies and the Lord when we need him most. Rather than getting upset and thinking why is this happening to me, I have to try to think about the blessings and doors that will open because of this. Brian is very well qualified and has education that will get him a good job soon. I know we will be taken care of. And I am also working in the meantime and I'm totally still fine to work up until I'm due. So we will truly be fine through this. I just wanted to share with you that we are so blessed to have the knowledge of the gospel and the comfort of prayer. And I am also so thankful for all of my wonderful supportive friends who have always been there for me! You gals are awesome!

4 comments:

Chelsey Howard said...

Oh Trisha, you are so wonderful. I love how you are so strong and have such an optimistic outlook on life. It's so awesome that you know that Heavenly Father is aware of you and that you have the faith that He will look watch over you! let me know if you need me to watch Logan while you work. i hope things pick up soon! I'll look around to see if anyone I know is hiring if you want.

Mandy said...

It's great that you have been able to find peace during times of trial. That stinks about Brian's job though. Best of luck!

Luke and Niki said...

Oh hunnnyyy!! I am sooorrry!! That totally sucks!! I just gave a mental snuck to his old boss!

But I am glad that you are so positive and have such a strong testimony...sometimes thats what it takes to get you through a trial. And sometimes thats easy for people to forget.

Let me know how things go!

Tina Upson said...

Hey Trisha.......let us know if you guys need anything!!! You are in our prayers and we miss you like crazy!!