Thursday, April 30, 2009

New Car?

A few weeks ago I took my van in to get it fixed. It was making a noise under the hood, and it's 11 years old, and has almost 200,000 miles. Unfortunately, the mechanic said it's internal engine failure, and it will cost about $2,000 to fix it! We decided that it wasn't worth that much, to invest into it, so instead we're just waiting until it really dies, and saving money to buy a new car until then.
Well, that plan just went down the drain this morning.... Brian called me and said he got in a car accident! He was stopped on the freeway and someone rear-ended him and he got smashed between a pathfinder and an accord. LUCKILY, he is perfectly fine. He didn't get hurt at all. The car on the other hand, is totaled. We haven't heard from the insurance company yet, but I'm pretty sure it's just going to be totaled out, so it looks like Brian will get a new car first!
It's interesting, because when things like this happen, I feel blessed that I have this weird faith that everything will be okay. (Most of you know that I'm not the type of person to just be okay with big things like this. I freak out over a stressful day with the boys, so.....) I think since Brian got meningitis a few years ago, I was blessed with the ability to have faith through trials like this. There was nothing I could do for him except pray, and have faith in the Lord that he would take care of him. Logan was really sick at the same time that Brian was in the hospital with a double ear infection, and once again, I just had to pray for help. So because of that experience I have realized the power of faith, and I love and appreciate that I get that reassuring feeling that everything is going to be okay. I know for most of you this does not sound like a big deal, or "trial" at all, but it's always a trial for me when I have to re-do our finances and make a new car fit in our budget. Plus, in probably 6 months, we're going to need to replace the van. But I am not worried or concerned at all, because I really have faith that someway, somehow, this was all part of the plan. I might not understand why right now, but I know that eventually I will get it, and until then, there's no point in focusing on the bad or difficult things about this. The most important things are that Brian is FINE!!!!! He didn't get hurt, and no one else in the other cars got hurt! The second thing is, okay well, I can't think of the second thing. LOL!!!
But really, I know that everything will be okay. Just wanted to share...

3 comments:

Rhonda said...

You know somethings wrong when your kid calls home and the first thing out of their mouth is..."I'm ok, I'm not hurt,I'm just fine, but..."

Scares the crap out of you.

I'm sure he was still in a bit of shock and I know he'll be sore tomorrow, the pain of whiplash takes a day or two to set in.Make sure he see's a doc just in case and if he gets pain meds make sure he shares with his mother.

I Love You Guys !!!

Emily said...

i am glad that everyone is ok and i am sure you guys will get everything figured out. way to be so positive!!

the speers said...

Oh my gosh!!!! Thank goodness Brian's ok! That's so scary! You're so amazing and strong!good luck with everything!