Monday, August 31, 2009

One more thing

Okay, I really need to go to bed now. But I have had so much on my mind lately! Tonight Brian and I were talking about what if's. For some reason, lately I have been thinking about what if I die tomorrow? The thought literally brings tears to my eyes. I was talking to Brian about it tonight and he said he just had a dream the other night that I died. So, are you about to cry yet? Okay, well here's the one redeeming message about this whole depressing conversation. My sweet husband reminded me tonight after he assured me that no one could ever replace me, that we are sealed together FOREVER. Not just for the next few weeks, or years, or for this life, but for ETERNITY. As long as we live faithful to receive those blessings, they will be given to us. He told me that he finds comfort in knowing that if I die tomorrow, he will see me again, and when we are reunited, it will seem like the years had gone by so fast. Then I thought about our kids, and how blessed we are to be sealed to them too. So even if I die while my kids are too young to remember me, they will know me eventually. I will be able to be with them eternally, and love them and laugh with them, and hug them. There is no greater joy than knowing that my family is forever.

*Disclaimer: I am not ill or planning on dying anytime soon. I think I have had these recent thoughts because I am so in love with my family, and almost afraid of losing them. I don't want you to worry or anything, because I am not only fine, but in GREAT HEALTH and HAPPINESS. I just let my mind wander sometimes, and this is what I get!

2 comments:

Heather said...

Tricia!

So every girl must have those thoughts 'cause I certainly have them all the time too. I'll be walking on the treadmill and all of a sudden I think Chris has been in an accident and it's game over. I start crying and Madi is like totally confused. Weird. It does make me feel better tho that you do the same thing! haha

Chelsey Howard said...

K you are not a freak. I do that all the time. Its silly but when you have everything you have ever wanted (family, kids) Its scary to think that you could ever loose it. I dont know how people have families with out the gospel. It would be so hard. And I think even if something did happen to a young mother with young kids that the kids would still feel a conection with their mom. That's not a bond that can ever go away. Even if they are babies.