Saturday, May 31, 2008

The results are in...

Well, on Thursday, we found out what we're having.... It's a boy. I don't know what else to say. When I get over it, I'll post the pics of the ultrasound. I'm still in denial....

By the way, here are some things NOT to say to me right now, especially in an effort to comfort me:
"Are you okay?"
- How do you feel when someone asks you if you're okay? Usually no matter how I feel it makes me cry, so yes I'm okay, and please don't ask! :)

"Boys are fun!"
-For one, I already know how fun boys are.....I ALREADY HAVE ONE!
-For two, is that supposed to make me think that girls are NOT fun??? Yeah, don't even try to tell me that it's not fun painting your little girl's nails, or curling her hair.....

"Another boy will be good because Logan and the boy can play together!"
-So what, he wouldn't play with a little sister??? And don't you think there will be more fighting with two boys rather than a boy and a girl? Come on now, I have brothers, and they fought way more than the sisters did.

"Just think about how cute Logan and his little brother will be!"
-Okay, I already had a super cute boy, and honestly I'm a little concerned that this boy might not be as cute as Logan....But still, I'm his mom and I'm sure I will be thrilled when he comes.

Pretty much just don't say anything right now! :) Just kidding! I am honestly happy that the baby is healthy right now and even though it's a boy, I know I will love him as much as I love Logan. I'm not going to lie, I wanted to have a girl the first time, and I wanted a girl this time. I am starting to think that I will NEVER have a girl. That's just my gut feeling, and it makes me sad, but I guess Heavenly Father knows what's best. I have learned a few things from this experience.....It's that I should listen to the spirit's promptings more, and trust them to be right, instead of doubting. Because I knew from the beginning that this baby was a boy, and I felt very strongly about it for a long time, up until this last month....But really all that happened was I tried to convince myself that I'm just crazy and didn't have a feeling that this baby was a boy, so I was doubting it and thinking that there was still hope it was a girl. Well let me tell you, I am definitely going to try harder to listen to my feelings and not doubt when I get a prompting from the Spirit. I know all of this sounds really lame, but I really think this was a learning experience for me. And just for the record I AM FINE!!!!!!! I am happy that it's a boy, and healthy. And I honestly just can't wait until he's out of me!

5 comments:

Chelsey Howard said...

You are so funny:) And of course your tired, just like me, your creating a human life inside you (isn't that crazy)! But yeah let's totally play next week how about Monday or Tuesday?

Luke and Niki said...

Trisha are you Okay??? haha Just kidding! Anyways, I think I need to have a little girl now so your little boy can marry her! Wouldnt that be fantastic?? I am glad you both are healthy and happy! Love you!

Trina said...

Yae! Congratulations! What are you going to name him?

Trisha said...

I really like Jackson right now!Jackson Colt Davis. But Brian likes Colt Jackson, so who knows. I'm sure it will change another 5 times at least by the time we have him!

Luke and Niki said...

I tagged you on my blog....