Sunday, August 30, 2009

A Much Needed Weekend

This weekend was full of NOTHING!!! And why am I so excited about an uninteresting weekend? Well, because we haven't had a normal weekend where there wasn't something major going on in MONTHS, I tell ya!! Seriously, I can't remember the last weekend that we didn't have a party or BBQ or ward activity, or something else going on, so it was so nice to have a weekend full of lounging around the house. Sleeping in (well, until the kids woke up), making breakfast, making dinner together, eating together, taking naps, actually doing my hair, NOT worrying about babysitters, cleaning house, watching movies, and most of all, laughing and playing together. I soooo needed this. Friday night, we made a simple dinner, put the kids to bed, and then Brian and I played Canasta until 1:00am! I didn't know I could stay up that late anymore! It was so fun, I highly recommend that card game. It's simple, but so fun and mostly just fun to play together. This might sound kind of weird, but I think me and Brian fell in love with each other again this weekend. (Not that we ever fell OUT of love) but we just flirted with each other, and laughed together. We talked, about our youth, and reminisced on our dating/engagement time, and fell in love all over again. We had a blast with the boys. Those two are so stinkin cute. We didn't worry about work or school or pleasing anyone else, but our own little family. So all in all, this was a MUCH needed nothingful weekend, and I LOVED every minute of it!

1 comment:

Emily said...

...and i am so glad you got it!

p.s. i need to add your button to my blog, dang it!