Sunday, December 6, 2009

Frog and Lizard 911

One lovely day back in the apartment..... that seems so long ago.... Emily came over for a pizza day. The kids were playing, we were eating our pizza and drinking Wild Cherry Pepsi and Logan tells me he needs to go poop. So he goes to the bathroom. He usually takes a while, because it takes him some time to wipe his butt, and gget his pants back on and wash his hands. Well, more than a while had gone by and Em says, "Uh, is Logan still in the bathroom?" Oh no..... yes he was. I run in there only to see Logan, half naked, filling the Frog/Lizard cage with water. The poor frog was clinging to the sides of the cage, close to the top, and the lizard was completely on the lid of the cage (inside, duh).
I literally about have a panic attack for 2 reasons: 1: I know I'm NOT going to touch either the frog or the lizard to get them out of there. and 2: WHAT IF THEY DIE????
Yes, I was freaking out. I actually like the frog. I think he's cute. I still don't want to touch him, but I don't want him to die either! I really didn't want these little guys to drown! So in a panic, I call Brian, completely frantic on the phone. The first thing I said was, "Oh my gosh, we have a problem!" (This whole time I'm screaming to Emily too and and saying I don't know what to do!!!) Before I get to the whole story of what happened to the pets he asks me..... "Wait a minute, so where are the kids? Are the kids okay?" And of course I respond, "Ya of course they're okay....." Then he says, "Oh my gosh I could strangle you right now, you had me running out to my car, heading home..." He thought the kids drowned in the bath tub or something. Ya, I was freaking out that bad! I told him the whole story, and he said they would be fine. Just to unplug everything and wait until he got home. Crisis solved. And I didn't even have to touch them! Ya, it was funny. They all lived happily ever after.I think the frog actually enjoyed the bath time.

No comments: