
This was a while ago, but I haven't uploaded any pictures to anything yet from this trip, so I thought I'd blog about it.
Last year, in October, for our 3 year anniversary Brian and I went to Sedona, AZ and a few other places 'around the area.' (I put that in quotations for the story to come... Grandma and Grandpa Grover, and all the other Grovers in the area babysat for us, the whole time! We stayed in a resort provided by my wonderful sister Tammy, who totally hooked us up! So we started the trip with an amazing dinner at this Italian place, that Brian just LOVED! The whole town of Sedona is just gorgeous, so one day we decided to go on a hike. It ended up being more of a strenuous hike than we had wanted, but it was still very pretty.

We also went to La' Auberge for breakfast one morning. It was actually this really pretty resort with individual cottages right by the creek. We had world famous macadamia crusted french toast, and stopped to take some pictures there, because it was so pretty. We ate right by the water and had an amazing view.


One of the full days that we had there we wanted to go see the Grand Canyon, because neither of us had been there. Well, we heard that it was only about 2 hours from where we were, so it would be a perfect day trip. So we left with what we thought were good directions. A few hours had gone by, and apparently a few wrong turns here and there, and we realized that we were in the middle of no where. We stopped to ask for directions, and they told us even more wrong directions. So we just kept going down this road that was leading to no where, and then all of the sudden something starts looking familiar to me. We had been driving for about 6 or 7 hours by now, and then we finally saw a road sign that said "Welcome to Lake Powell." We ended up all the way at Lake Powell, almost the complete opposite of the Grand Canyon. It was funny, (a little) and we stopped to look around, and then turned around. At this point I just wanted to go back to the resort, but Brian was determined to see that stupid canyon. So we finally bought a map and actually ended up at the Grand Canyon a few hours later.
The view of the Canyon were absolutely beautiful. We got there just before sunset, and here are some pics:



And here's Brian trying to freak me out and "fall"into the Grand Canyon. He was seriously trying to rock climb down into it and I finally just had to walk away from him. I took this picture, and I was seriously shaking and had tears in my eyes.....it wasn't funny!

Oh yeah, I don't know if any of you heard about the little girl that just fell into the Grand Canyon, just walked off into it and died, well, that happened a week before we went here. Luckily we both got out of there alive and intact, and finally headed back to our resort.
We had a nice dinner and just relaxed the rest of the time. It ended up being such an amazing trip overall, and it was a great way to celebrate our marriage of 3 years now! We are so thankful to everyone that made it possible for us to go, and we love you all! Oh and by the way, we stopped by the outlets at Anthem on our way back to Phoenix, it was fun! :)
1 comment:
cute! um, if chris did what brian did i would freak out!!! i love all your pics! :D
Post a Comment