Monday, April 14, 2008

Wedding Tag

Okay, so I guess I have been tagged! (I'm it!!!)I'm excited! Anyway, So I guess I'm going to tell you about my wedding, and put up some wedding pictures! Emily tagged me, and I'm not a very good blogger but I'll try to be cute! It's fun to look back through these pics and see how cute and in love we were.....also not to mention, it's nice to see that I used to be HOT!!! :) Okay, here we go! Enjoy!



1. What date is your anniversary?
November 19, 2004


2. Where did you get married?
San Diego, CA Temple



3. Who proposed and how?
Brian accidentally proposed! It was about 2 or 3 weeks after we met and had been dating, and we were at Brian's place (he was living with his Grandma at the time) and it was late, like probably around midnight. We were having a serious talk about our pasts and all that good stuff, and about marriage, and just a really good spiritual talk. Then he said he wanted to share something with me that he had never shared with anyone else. He pulled out his journal that he had kept before his mission, and he told me to read this. It was a letter to his future wife, and it was the sweetest thing I had ever seen! It was so cute, I remember part of it said somehting like "I can't wait to see you all pregnant, wearing overalls and a white T-shirt, with your hair all up!" It was a letter all about how excited he was to marry me and spend eternity with me, and so of course I was crying when I was reading it, and then he said that he only wanted to show that to his wife, and so that was his way of asking me. So I totally thought it was him asking me to marry him, and I said, "I can't wait to spend eternity with you!" And of course we cried and kissed and all that good stuff, and then I found out later, that he didn't know that he was actually asking me to marry him then. But it was too late! I already accepted!

4. How long were you engaged?
We were engaged for about 6 months.

5. What was your favorite part of your wedding day? (Besides your hubby, hopefully!)
I think my favorite part was probably coming ou of the temple seeing everyone, and being newly married! I was in such shock, and just sheer happiness that the whole temple experience was just pure bliss! It was also funny when I first walked out of the temple with Brian and my little sister Trina was yelling profanities at me, because I "married her boyfriend." (She has downsyndrome, FYI). That was pretty memorable too!

6. What would you change if you could?
I would change the reception the next day in AZ. We got married on friday and then on saturday morning we had to rush out to AZ, which on the way we got a speeding ticket, and killed 3 birds, and then we were late for our own reception and pictures, and the photographer was pissy and just being rude. Then I was super stressed out, and me and Brian ended up getting in a fight that night, and starting our honeymoon off in a fight! Yeah, it was great.....so great that I would definitely want to change that. I was so tired and just worn out from the wedding day before and open house in San Diego, and then traveling to AZ the very next day, and doing it all over again, that it was just a mess! (I will say that the whole making up part of the honeymoon was a great way to kick start it!!!)



7. Wedding colors?
Pink and Black, with silver accents.

8. Do you remember anything special from your ceremony? Anything special? Any comical moments?
Well, there are a few things. I was so afraid to show any kind of affection to Brian in the Temple, because I didn't want to be inappropriate, so we weren't holding hands at the beginning of the ceremony. Then the sealer stops and says, "I would feel a lot more comfortable if you two were holding hands right now." It was kind of cute, and then I felt dumb for not holding his hand, at our own wedding!!! Then after the ceremony one of my good guy friends from high school was there at the ceremony, and it was so cool because he was my only friend there, at all. I was just so excited that one of my friends was actually there at my wedding, because I kinda had a crazy past! So anyway, I gave him a big hug, so big that Brian was like, Trisha what the heck! At the time, I didn't realize that it was probably a little out of line, but oh well!

9. Were you clean or messy when you cut your wedding cake?
Definitely clean and nice, if Brian was mean, my dad would have kicked his butt!

10. Where did you go on your honeymoon?
We went to Scottsdale, AZ for a few days, and stayed in a condo, and just had fun, and then on Thanksgiving day we went to Disneyland. Then Brian went back to school on Monday, so it was fun. But then for our "real" honeymoon we went on a cruise about a year later to the Bahamas, and Key West, and also Orlando, Florida. It was so much fun!

11. How long have you been married now?
We have been married for 3 years and 5 months! Time flies by!

Okay, so I tag Nicole, and anyone else who wants to do this! You're IT!

2 comments:

Emily said...

i hope you had fun writing about your wedding and engagement. i love to hear the stories. oh and the story of trina yelling profanities... priceless!

Trisha said...

Yes, I did, lots of fun! Is it dumb to respond to your comment here???? Oh well! Oh yeah, and seriously the Trina thing...it was hilarious!